Sky Blue Credit Repair (SBCR) provides clarity and ease to a process that is often confusing and difficult. With easy-to-follow-steps, direct communication, and detailed credit report analyses, SBCR makes improving your credit easy to start and even easier to monitor as you move through their process.
We’ve combined an intensive research process and a mixture of Sky Blue customer reviews to bring this review of the credit repair company to you.
Our ensuing review identifies what Sky Blue can and can’t remove from your credit report, how long the process might take, and what the company’s customer service is like.
Finally, we determine whether or not you should trust Sky Blue with your credit repair process.
What We Like
There are a few major advantages that Sky Blue has that are critical to note:
- A representative personally identifies items for dispute on your credit report. Many companies will require that you do the hard and complicated work of identifying erroneous, or duplicate notes on your credit report yourself – SBCR does this for you and finds even the most subtle of inquiries.
- SBCR helps you with the disputes themselves. You have to specifically dispute each inquiry – that can be time consuming and difficult to do. SBCR does the disputes for you and includes your contact information, meaning you get the responses from the credit bureaus, at no additional charge.
- Sky Blue works incredibly quickly. The company is able to dispute 15 inquiries (five per bureau) every 35 days – that makes it one of the fastest in the credit repair industry, putting you back on the path to your financial goals quicker.
- Help you find ways to improve your report. Lenders are often looking for specific items on your credit report, like delinquencies, missed payments, or how long your credit history is. SBCR will help you find those things and help you remove the ones that are negative.
- SBCR provides specific ways to boost your credit score. While the content in your credit report is important, many financial institutions only look at your score and nothing else. SBCR’s specific suggestions help you take action immediately.
- They provide extra services too. There are plenty of other services they offer for no extra charge, including debt validation, goodwill letters, and assistance negotiating with the credit bureaus.
- What’s your time worth? $59 a month is a great price to pay if you view your time as a valuable resource. Through this lens, SBCR is saving you valuable resources.
- Completely customized dispute letters. Sky Blue sends the three major credit bureaus letters and redispute letters that are 100% customized to your situation. No forms here.
What We Don’t Like
There are a few downsides to keep in mind if you’re thinking of working with Sky Blue:
- Rebuilding credit is hard work. For all the knowledge and expertise that SBCR brings, rebuilding your credit is hard work and it can take time. It is important to stay on top of deadlines and remain vigilant when working with any company.
- They’re providing a service you can do yourself. Don’t be told otherwise – you can do all of this yourself. SBCR strives to take the confusion and difficulty out of the process. That is worth the price to many Americans.
- Do your research. Sky Blue has a vested interest in your success but they are a for-profit company, so be sure that you do research on your own to ensure that they are the right fit for your situation.
- It can be pricey. At $59 a month ($99 for a couple), SBCR can be expensive, especially if contacting the credit bureaus takes longer than expected.
- No credit report/score included. Customers should expect to pay for their first and subsequent credit reports and scores to check progress. The federal government offers these for free once per year, but they may be required more frequently, so SBCR offers a number of deals with companies for consumers to take advantage of.
Customer Reviews of Sky Blue Credit
Looking at customer reviews for any company can always be a touch-and-go game. Who really logs-on to review a company that they had a great experience with? Not too many people, is the answer. That said, SBCR has some great reviews and an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, so they appear to be doing something right.
Credit Karma is a website that allows consumers to retrieve and track their credit reports for free. Many customers of Sky Blue have logged on to share their experience working with the company and overall, the reviews are positive.
One customer noted just what we said above; his time is valuable to him, so to take hours each week to comb through their credit report was a nonstarter.
Another customer reported that the company actually ended up refunding her money because their dispute process was unlikely to work in her case. She notes that if circumstances change in the future, she will “definitely go back to them.”
Several users on ConsumerAffairs.com also reported positive experiences.
A customer in Philadelphia noted that customer service was great and the representatives were very knowledgeable. Most importantly she never felt like she was being “pushed around.” This is critically important at a time when a credit repair company may be necessary.
Some users did report issues, however. The company’s BBB profile displays two complaints, which deal with a lack of communication from the company and what appears to be false advertising.
On Credit Karma, a user reported that he did not believe the service was valuable because consumers could (possibly) do the work themselves.
Still, the vast majority of users on both the BBB and Credit Karma sites are pleased with the service provided and would recommend the company.
When to Use Sky Blue?
Deciding when to use a credit repair company can be a difficult decision. It involves walking a fine line between paying for a service that may help at a time when it may be difficult to do so.
The best time to give Sky Blue a call is after you’ve done a bit of your own research. Sit down and take a hard look at your credit report – are there lots of errors or items that shouldn’t be there?
If so, and you value your time (and in some cases your sanity), contact Sky Blue and see what they can do for you.
At best you can repair your credit. At the worst, you won’t do any harm, will become better informed and will get your money back.
What Can Be Removed From Your Credit?
It’s important to take a look at what Sky Blue can do to repair your credit and what it can’t – having appropriate expectations before engaging any credit repair company is critically important.
What Can Be Removed
- False Debts/Accounts. If a company reported a debt that you don’t owe or opened an account in your name that isn’t yours, it shouldn’t be on your credit report.
- False Inquiries. An inquiry can’t be on your credit report more than once, Sky Blue can help you remove any additional inquiries.
- Accounts Older than Seven Years. Accounts that are past due or in collections can only be on your credit report for seven years – after that, they must be removed.
- Bankruptcies & Tax Liens. If you had to declare bankruptcy or have an unpaid tax lien, they must come off your report in ten years.
What Generally Cannot Be Removed
- Actual Debts. Debtors are required to show evidence that you owe a debt. If they can do that, generally you cannot have the mark removed from your credit report.
- Actual Inquiries. Same as above, if a company can show that you did give them permission to pull your credit, they are permitted to do so and report that activity.
With that said, there’s nothing saying you can’t try to dispute actual debts or inquiries. Companies are required to provide evidence that you owe a debt or gave authorization for the inquiry. If they cannot do this, you could have the item removed from your report.
How Does SBCR Repair Your Credit?
With all of these items, Sky Blue Credit Repair can help you navigate a very complicated area and help you get back on track. Let’s talk a bit about how SBCR actually accomplishes that.
Companies who give you credit are required to report your payment activity to the three major credit bureaus. Other companies who are considering issuing you credit can then adequately assess if it is appropriate to extend it to you.
Sky Blue Credit Repair will sift through your credit report, line-by-line, and flag items for you to dispute.
Then, they will submit dispute letters on your behalf. These letters inform the credit bureaus that you do not believe that the item should appear on your report.
How Much Does Sky Blue Cost?
Of course, the most important question is: how much does this cost?
- $59 per month gets you everything that Sky Blue Credit Repair offers. Couples pay $99 per month.
- You will have to pay for a three-bureau credit report on your own. Sky Blue works with several partners to offer to either a one-time fee or monitoring service for your credit report – just $29.95.
- The monitoring service includes your FICO credit scores, three-bureau monitoring, and ID Theft Protection.
- The beauty of SBCR is, that’s it. Everything else is included. And, they offer a money back guarantee.
What to Expect When Signing Up
First, you’ll sign up through their website with basic information. You’ll get some simple instructions to follow on how you can get a three-bureau credit report and forward it to them.
After SBCR receives your credit report, a representative will conduct a line-by-line review. The rep will identify any derogatory marks on your report, as well as any questionable looking items that may to be your benefit to dispute.
The results will be emailed to you in an easy-to-read format.
Additionally, Sky Blue will send you an email with some simple ways to build your credit score. These could be suggestions as simple as opening a new credit card account or more regularly using accounts you already have.
Finally, after you identify items for dispute, Sky Blue will challenge the items on your behalf to the three major credit bureaus. They will use your contact information so you can see the responses in real time.
The company will also send customized redispute letters if the items are not changed.
What Results Can We Expect from SBCR
So what do we expect at the end of your professional relationship with Sky Blue Credit Repair?
One of two things.
First, the disputes and suggestions provided by SBCR will result in a cleaner credit report and an overall increase in your credit score. This can take some time, but many of the reviews have reported results within a few weeks or months.
On the other hand, SBCR may not be able to successfully remove items from your credit report. In this case, you will not have done any harm to your credit and you’ll get all of your money back, thanks to their money back guarantee.
Who is Sky Blue Credit Repair,?
Sky Blue Credit Repair is a comprehensive, easy-to-use, and fee-based credit dispute service headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida.
Where Are They Located?
It operates in all 50-states and the District of Columbia helping consumers straighten and strengthen their credit report.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Sky Blue Offer a Guarantee?
The company offers a 90-day 100% money back guarantee. SBCR will refund the entire price paid if, for any reason, the consumer is not satisfied with the service.
Is it Possible for Deleted Items to Reappear on Your Credit Report After Working With Sky Blue?
It’s important to remember that deleted items from your credit report can be reinserted.
Also, items can be removed if they are expired, incorrect, or duplicate. So if the items do not necessarily meet these guidelines they can be reinserted.
If they are, the credit bureau must explain to you why it reinserted the item within five days.
How Long Does the Company Take to Repair Your Credit?
The amount of time SBCR takes to repair your credit really can vary on your credit report and how long it takes for each credit bureau to respond to your disputes.
The company is able to dispute 15 inquiries (five per bureau) every 35 days. That’s very quick.
Additionally, it’s important to remember that ensuring the process goes quickly is on your end too. Reviewing documents and answering correspondence from SBCR in a timely manner is critical.
Is There a Couples, Family or Active Military Discount?
The company does offer a couples discount for $99, a savings of $19. The discount does not require legal marriage; simply living and paying together qualifies for the couple discount.
Unfortunately, no service member discount information is listed.
What are Sky Blue’s Hours?
SBCR is ready to help 24 hours a day, seven days a week through their online form. Company representatives are also also available via phone.
What is Sky Blue’s Phone Number?
How to Cancel Your Sky Blue Membership?
Cancellation is a breeze as well. Simply call and cancel any time. Sky Blue will refund your money if you are dissatisfied and still within the refund window.